Enjoy Your Summer
Life is tough for working ladies. No doubt! This goes bad when your maid doesn’t show up without informing. Worse it becomes when this happens on a consecutive days. However, life is to move on and we move either with a smile or a bit of disappointment.
On 3rd day she came up. She was looking very dull and with a sad face she told that she was not well. Further, I came to know that because of heat stroke she got dehydration and eventually fever. I had Aam Panna in my refrigerator; I took out and gave her a glass to drink.
Being a professional nutritionist I gave her few advices to take care of her in this fuming and dry summer. This is not limited to my maid. There are many working gents and ladies who have to go out and perform their duties. So this blog is for all brave hearts performing their duties despite this summer being scorching hot.
Heat stroke, dehydration, allergies and skin cancer are the health issues that come along with rising temperatures. Here are some simple and easy-to-follow healthy tips to beat the heat:
- Drink plenty of water
- Our body is made up of 75% water. So drinking plenty of water in any form is what is needed to keep the cells functioning. During summers it is very important to remain hydrated.
- Do not shy to carry a bottle to your work or college.
- Instead of colas or caffeinated drinks choose fresh juice, tender coconut water, mint water, aam-panna, buttermilk or lassi. If you are out for lunch or dinner, instead of heavy cocktails order for the above beverages.
- Limit your alcohol consumption.
- Take sufficient rest
- Since we sweat a lot and our metabolism also slows down, it is better not to push yourself beyond the limits.
- 8-9 hours of adequate sleep is necessary to remain active throughout the day. Lazy afternoons of weekends can be utilized to take power naps of 15-30 minutes.
- Wear right clothes and shoes
- Cotton and light colored clothes besides being comfortable in summers it also let your skin breathe.
- Pair them up with right size of covered shoes to avoid blisters and strains. Don’t forget to team them up with cotton socks.
- While going out in the sun, cover yourself to protect from sun rays. Wear full sleeved clothes and scarves or caps during the day time.
- Eat natural food
- Fruits and vegetables are few of those natural elements which are loaded with tons of important nutrients.Eat lots of them. They are low in calories, high in fiber, rich in vitamins and minerals, but most importantly they contain good amount of moisture in them.
- Avoid eating fatty foods like pizza or biryani. They will not only get digested slowly but lead to indigestion and heartburn.
- If you do not carry home-made lunch, choose a bowl of salad with yoghurt dressing or a plate of fruit salad. They will not only keep you full but provide you with necessary nutrients.
- Don’t have sweetened drinks or ice-creams every time. They have lots of sugar which is difficult to digest easily in summers which can lead to heartburn, indigestion and obesity.
- Use Sun screen lotions and Sun glasses
- It is very important to use good quality sunblock to protect your skin from the harmful UV rays.
- Use a sunblock suiting your skin type and the temperature of the city you live in.
- Sunblock is not only for girls to use. Boys, don’t get shy to use them.
- Good quality sunglasses are equally important to protect your eyes from the harmful UV rays.
Life is precious and to enjoy it we have to be healthy. Few lifestyle changes are what it all needs.
Enjoy your summer