Have you noticed any man or woman disoriented or unable to recall something. Well there is a high possibility they might be suffering with Alzheimer’s Disease (AD).
What is ALZHEIMER’S DISEASE?
ALZHEIMER’S DISEASE is a neurogenerative disorder where the brain forms lumps of a protein fragment called beta-amyloid which clump together and disrupt cell communication leading to inflammation. It is a progressive disease which starts slowly but worsens gradually. First the neurons are destroyed which ultimately affects language, reasoning and social behaviour. It subsequently disrupts life functions, causes memory loss and ultimately death.
What are the symptoms of ALZHEIMER’S DISEASE?
Usually the symptoms are attributed to ageing and stress. Short term memory loss, abstract thinking and urinary incontinence may be the first symptoms. However, as the disease progresses, patient becomes more dependent on others for daily functioning of life. In advanced stage they become completely dependent as they suffer from loss of speech, mobility, etc. Death mostly occurs due to pneumonia or bed ulcers.
How to cure ALZHEIMER’S DISEASE?
Though definitive cure is not yet found, few brain healthy foods can give protection against ALZHEIMER’S DISEASE.
- Walnuts: Walnuts are one of the richest sources of vitamin E, Poly and mono unsaturated fatty acids. They act as precursors to make omega-3 fatty acids namely EPA and DHA which help in improving brain health.
- Cinnamon: This particular spice contains polyphenols. They inhibit the formation or unbind the TAU PROTEINS which actually block the neuron transport system.
- Cold water fish: Salmon, herring, sardines and other fatty fishes have high omega fatty acids. EPA and DHA lower the formation of beta-amyloid protein. Hence, they help in preventing Alzheimer’s Disease.
- Turmeric: This spice has medicinal properties. It contains curcumin which is anti-inflammatory and antioxidant. This can delay neuron degeneration.
- Tomato: This fruit has anti-carcinogenic elements and also it is a potent fighter against neurological disorder.
- Cruciferous vegetables and green leafy vegetables: Prebiotics and non-digestible fibre found in these vegetables can prove to be an ideal ground for good bacteria, which in turn can delay neurodegeneration.
- Probiotics: Different types of lactobacillus species (a type of gut friendly bacteria) can prove to be neuro protective. Foods like yoghurt, kimchi, sauerkraut, miso, fermented dairy free products, pickles and any other fermented food are good probiotics.
- Hot Peppers: Capsaicin found in peppers can help to give protection against Alzheimer’s Disease. Studies reveal diet rich in capsaicin can lower the AD related protein as after their ingestion maximum percent is absorbed out of which some part reaches brain tissue where it acts against these proteins.
- Chicken: White meat is high in Vit B complex such as folate, B12, etc. Vit B complex give good protection against Alzheimer’s Disease.
Though there is no cure but above-mentioned foods can help to prevent or delay the onset of AD. Moreover, People suffering with AD need special care and attention. For more details click on www.dietvita.com. Follow us on Facebook for updates at https://www.facebook.com/DietVita4U/