Nowadays obesity is spreading like fire in the woods. In India more than half the total population is obese irrespective of age and sex. It is not something that people are not aware of but they do not have time. Working ladies especially working mothers who have to struggle between their kids, work and home are at high risk of obesity and other related problems like diabetes, high or low blood pressure, osteoporosis, etc.
Following tips can help the working moms to become super moms-
- Cut your vegetables for next morning after dinner and put it in the fridge. This will save your time in the morning and still help you add lots of greens in your diet.
- Eat lots of citrus fruits and salads. You can also carry some in your lunch.
- Do not put too much food in the plates of your kids. If they want more you can serve them again. This will not make your kids leave food and you won’t end up eating their leftovers along with your own meal.
- Include lots of low fat milk and its products in your diet. This will help you get protein and calcium for your body. Also take good amount of lentils, soy, fish, egg whites, etc. Minimize eating red meat, organ meats, seafood.
- Cut down your coffee intake. Instead go for herbal teas to get good amount of antioxidants.
- Get proper sleep of at least 6 hours at night. Good sleep reduces stress and also maintains the metabolic clock of the body.
- In the mornings if you don’t have much time go for oat meals with milk and fruits in it. It will act as a complete breakfast.
- Meditate for few minutes daily in the morning or evening (not during your menstruation). This will reduce stress and your extra weight.
- Select good and quick choices of recipes and make a list beforehand. This will save your time and yet add up with good nutrients to the diet. For example paneer or chicken sandwich with vegetables, sprouts with cucumber, tomato and onion, fruit salads, veg or soy or chicken atta noodles, soy idli, etc.
- If you go out with your family do not regret for eating too much or too oily. Reduce your oil and cereal intake just for the next day. Thereafter you can follow your regular routine.
- Take brisk walks for nearby places and use stairs instead of escalator or lifts. Walking 100 miles can help you burn upto 100 calories.
- Minimize the oil intake for the whole family. This will reduce your oil intake. You can give high caloric nutritious foods to your kids if their health demands such as banana milkshake, hot chocolate milk, stuffed pakodas, etc.
- Avoid going out with colleagues or you might end up eating wrong. If they insist select your food wisely to avoid adding extra calories.
- Teach your kids to get ready themselves and eat with their own hands. This will help them and you will get good time to finish your food.
- Never go to bed immediately after dinner. Walk for 10 minutes before heading to bed.
These tips will surely help working mothers. After all they too need to enjoy all the benefits of being healthy.